APPROXIMATE ANNUAL SALARY -
PAY GRADE: 37
For more information on benefit and retirement programs, please see the sections below.
In order to receive consideration, applicants must indicate their availability for any work type, travel, and location requirements listed.
Work Type: Permanent, full time vacancies as they may occur
in this geographical location.
Administrative Services Officers function as business managers for a large division or major program area or facility, with responsibility for accounting, budgeting and business management of various services and operations.
Incumbents possess a degree of knowledge and proficiency sufficient to perform work independently with little or no additional training.
This ASO 1 position is located in the Financial Management division of DETR in Carson City. The incumbent manages the internal support service for the cost allocated budget accounts; performs system administration functions; and is responsible for development and maintenance of certain budgets accounts. The State of Nevada is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action in recruitment of its employees and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion or belief, age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, domestic partnership, genetic information (GINA), or compensation and/or wages.
***THIS RECRUITMENT MAY CLOSE AT ANY TIME BASED ON THE AMOUNT OF APPLICATIONS RECEIVED. QUALIFIED APPLICANTS ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY AS SOON AS POSSIBLE.***
In order to be qualified, you must meet the following requirements:
Education and Experience (Minimum Qualifications)
Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university in business administration, accounting, finance or related field and three years of professional experience including two years of responsibility for major business operations/functions such as grants administration, contract and lease administration, purchasing and warehouse operations, human resources, Information Technology or facilities maintenance and construction; and one year of experience formulating, developing and analyzing program or agency budgets and/or conducting statistical/economic data collection, analysis and research involving the application of advanced statistical, mathematical and economic principles and research modeling; OR one year of experience as a Budget Analyst II or Economist II in Nevada State service performing duties as described above; OR two years of experience as a Management Analyst II in Nevada State service performing duties as described above; OR an equivalent combination of education and experience as described above.
ADMINISTRATIVE SERVICES OFFICER
The exam will consist of a rating of training and experience weighted 100%. It is essential that applications include extensively detailed information with time frames regarding education and experience. Your score will be based on the information provided in your application and your responses to the questions asked below. If there are several parts to a question, answer each part separately. Along with each answer, identify the position(s) and/or training (as described in your application) where you gained the background asked for in the question. Absence of experience/training asked for in a question is not necessarily disqualifying. Failure to answer the questions will result in a score based solely on the application.
Those applicants deemed amongst the most qualified will be contacted directly by the hiring agency for interview.
1) Describe your budget experience in the following areas: a) development of a budget; b) justification of a budget; c) implementing and monitoring a budget; and/or d) budget experience involving multi-source funding.
2) Describe in detail your experience managing a program or business operation in the following areas: a) grants administration; b) contracts and leases c) purchasing and warehouse operations; d) human resources e) Information Technology and/or f) facilities maintenance and construction. No points will be given if detailed information on your duties/responsibilities is not provided.
3) Describe your Legislative experience in the following areas: a) developing bill draft requests (BDR's); b) tracking and analyzing proposed legislation; and/or c) testifying before legislature.
4) Describe your supervisory experience to include discipline, performance evaluation and work performance standards for the following types of staff: a) clerical/technical/paraprofessional staff; b) professional staff; or c) supervisors in charge of professional staff.
5) Do you have a Master's degree in Business, Accounting, Finance or related field?
The following additional questions are part of this Recruitment
1) Do you have experience preparing Cost Allocation Plans? Please detail your experience and how it was obtained.
2) Do you have experience managing a system administrative analysis function? Please detail your experience and how it was obtained.