STAFF 1, ASSOCIATE ENGINEER
- RIGHT-OF-WAY - CARSON CITY
APPROXIMATE ANNUAL SALARY -
PAY GRADE: 35
For more information on benefit and retirement programs, please see the sections below.
In order to receive consideration, applicants must indicate their availability for any work type, travel, and location requirements listed.
Work Type: Permanent, full time vacancies as they may occur
in this geographical location.
Staff Associate Engineers perform professional engineering assignments not requiring licensure by the State Board of Professional Engineers & Land Surveyors.
Incumbents possess a degree of knowledge and proficiency sufficient to perform work independently with little or no additional training.
This position is located within the Right-of-Way Division, Utilities Section in Carson City. Incumbent is
responsible for maintaining and updating encroachment permit and sign/billboard inventories in IRWIN
(Integrated Right of Way Information Network). Duties include maintaining the inventory of permits in
the AX (ApplicationXtender) program for research purposes and updating for historical purposes;
researching and retrieving encroachment permit documents for department personnel and assisting the
public obtain permit records upon request; processing underlying fee clearances when requests are
received from permittees or their representatives; processing sign permit applications when received
from utility inspectors, updating computer inventory of permitted signs, and coordinating with the
Accounting and Information Technology divisions to ensure annual billings are updated. Women and
under-represented groups are encouraged to apply. The State of Nevada is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action in recruitment of its employees and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion or belief, age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, domestic partnership, genetic information (GINA), or compensation and/or wages.
In order to be qualified, you must meet the following requirements:
Education and Experience (Minimum Qualifications)
Certification by the Nevada State Board of Professional Engineers and Land Surveyors as an Engineer Intern; OR Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university in civil engineering or a closely related engineering field; OR two years of journey level technical experience equivalent to an Engineering Technician III in Nevada State service; OR an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Employees in this class who are not registered professional engineers may not represent themselves as such to other persons or entities.
Application Evaluation Exam
The exam will consist of an application evaluation. It is essential that applications include detailed information with time frames regarding education and experience. The most qualified applicants will be contacted by the hiring agency for interview. The hiring agency may require specific skills related testing as part of the interviewing process.
The following additional questions are part of this Recruitment
1) Do you have experience with IRWIN (Integrated Right of Way Information Network) and AX (ApplicationXtender) programs? If so, please describe your experience and how it was obtained. This will not be used to determine eligibility.
2) Do you have experience in the interpretation of engineering plans and specifications? If so, please describe this experience and how it was obtained. This will not be used to determine eligibility.
3) Do you have experience researching NDOT records for retrieval of information related to NDOT owned land rights? If so, please describe this experience and how it was obtained. This will not be used to determine eligibility.
4) Do you have experience researching public records and interpreting records related to land titles and boundary surveys? If so, please describe this experience and how it was obtained. This will not be used to determine eligibility.
5) Do you have experience in the interpretation of plat maps and land descriptions? If so, please describe this experience and how it was obtained. This will not be used to determine eligibility.
6) Do you have experience utilizing the Public Land Survey System to calculate parts of a government section of land? If so, please describe this experience and how it was obtained. This will not be used to determine eligibility.