SOCIAL SERVICES CHIEF 2
- DCFS - Family Programs Office - Child Welfare - Carson City or Las Vegas
APPROXIMATE ANNUAL SALARY -
PAY GRADE: 39
For more information on benefit and retirement programs, please see the sections below.
In order to receive consideration, applicants must indicate their availability for any work type, travel, and location requirements listed.
Work Type: Permanent, full time vacancies as they may occur
Social Services Chiefs manage the overall design, analysis, development and evaluation of social services programs.
This position may be located in Carson City or Las Vegas depending on the most qualified applicant and the needs of the agency. Incumbents function as managers who train, supervise and evaluate the performance of subordinate supervisors; develop policies and procedures; and allocate staff and resources to accomplish goals and objectives.
Social Services Chief positions have statewide programmatic responsibility for multiple child welfare related programs and provides policy and program development for child welfare throughout the State of Nevada. Positions supervise Social Services Program Specialists who write statewide child welfare policy, write state and federal reports, complete data analysis, complete case reviews and provide child welfare services in partnership with count and state staff as well as other tasks associated with implementing and overseeing child welfare programs. Social Services Chief positions provide technical assistance to Division staff and county child welfare agencies regarding policy and procedures and participate in oversight activities for statewide technical assistance and quality improvement training for the purpose of effective program implementation and compliance. Social Services Chief positions demonstrate continuous efforts to improve and provide quality seamless customer service within child welfare. *** THIS RECRUITMENT MAY CLOSE AT ANY TIME BASED ON THE AMOUNT OF APPLICATIONS RECEIVED. QUALIFIED APPLICANTS ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY AS SOON AS POSSIBLE. ***
In order to be qualified, you must meet the following requirements:
Education and Experience (Minimum Qualifications)
Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university in social work, health or social science, public or business administration or related field and four years of professional social services experience which included directing social services or the operation of a program unit; coordinating program activities with officials and representatives of other agencies; interpretation and application of complex federal regulations, writing program policies, procedures, and reports; and conducting research and preparing recommendations for management. Two years of the required experience must have included supervision of staff at a paraprofessional level or above; OR an equivalent combination of education and experience.
A State of Nevada/FBI background check will be required of the selected applicant.
SOCIAL SERVICES CHIEF 2 (12.301) Training and Experience Exam
The exam will consist of a rating of training and experience weighted 100%. It is essential that applications include extensively detailed information with time frames regarding education and experience. Your score will be based on the information provided in your application and your responses to the questions asked below. If there are several parts to a question, answer each part separately. Along with each answer, identify the position(s) and/or training (as described in your application) where you gained the background asked for in the question. Absence of experience/training asked for in a question is not necessarily disqualifying. Failure to answer the questions will result in a score based solely on the application.
Qualified applicants will be contacted by the hiring agency for interview.
1) Describe your supervisory experience. Please include number of years and where this experience was gained.
2) Describe your experience managing State and Federal grants. Please include the number of years and where this experience was gained.
3) Describe your experience in Quality Assurance Programs. Please include number of years and where this experience was gained.
4) Describe your experience in writing and developing policies and procedures. Please include number of years and where this experience was gained.
5) Describe your experience in preparing and analyzing draft bills; and testifying before the legislature. Please include number of years and where this experience was gained.
6) Describe your experience with preparation of analytical or data reports and interpretation of state and federal legislation. Please include number of years and where this experience was gained.