APPROXIMATE ANNUAL SALARY -
PAY GRADE: 37
For more information on benefit and retirement programs, please see the sections below.
In order to receive consideration, applicants must indicate their availability for any work type, travel, and location requirements listed.
Work Type: Permanent, full time vacancies as they may occur
in this geographical location.
for another 9 Days 20 Hrs 35 Mins
Grants & Projects Analysts develop and implement and/or assess, monitor, control and review grant-in-aid projects/programs administered by State agencies and provide assistance to recipients in evaluating program effectiveness.
Incumbents, in addition to overseeing and administering various complex grants, supervise, train and evaluate the performance of subordinate professional staff, and serve as a resource to lower level analysts.
The Division of Emergency Management (DEM) is recruiting to fill a vacancy in the Las Vegas office. This position will serve as the supervisor over DEM's training and exercise program, supervise the DEM activities in Southern Nevada, and represent DEM as necessary in the Southern Region of the State. Duties will include: supervising training and exercise staff; developing and managing training and exercise budgets; developing and managing multi-year training and exercise programs; conducting, supporting, and attending meetings; building and promoting partnerships between state and local entities by establishing and maintaining effective relationships; and acting as liaison to local jurisdictions during disasters and/or emergencies. As a member of this agency, activation of the State Emergency Operations Center (SEOC) may occur in the event of a major emergency. All positions in the agency perform a role to support the SEOC operations. This may serve to disrupt/alter/revise or totally change all previously established work performance standards, requiring 100% of time until the emergency is over. During activation, the SEOC may be in operation 24/7 for an extended period of time to include holidays and weekends.
In order to be qualified, you must meet the following requirements:
Education and Experience (Minimum Qualifications)
Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university in public or business administration, accounting, finance or related field and three years of professional grants experience which included writing grant applications; determining grant/subgrant program eligibility; researching, writing and implementing grant program plans; managing fiscal aspects of grants/subgrants; providing technical assistance to grant/subgrant recipients; and monitoring and ensuring grant/subgrant recipient compliance; OR graduation from high school or equivalent education and five years of professional experience as described above; OR one year of experience as a Grants & Projects Analyst II in Nevada State service; OR an equivalent combination of education and experience as described above.
A State of Nevada/FBI background check will be required of the selected applicant.
GRANTS & PROJECTS ANALYST III (07.753) Training and Experience Exam
The exam will consist of a rating of training and experience weighted 100%. It is essential that applications include extensively detailed information with time frames regarding education and experience. Your score will be based on the information provided in your application and your responses to the questions asked below. If there are several parts to a question, answer each part separately. Along with each answer, identify the position(s) and/or training (as described in your application) where you gained the background asked for in the question. Absence of experience/training asked for in a question is not necessarily disqualifying. Failure to answer the questions will result in a score based solely on the application.
Qualified applicants will be contacted by the hiring agency for interview.
1) Describe your experience, including numbers of years, in the compliance, monitoring and evaluation of grants relating to: a) Public Assistance; b) Hazard Mitigation and c) Individual Assistance.
2) Describe your experience, including numbers of years, in analyzing and interpreting complex regulations and statutes at a technical or professional level.
3) Describe your experience, including numbers of years, in compliance, monitoring, and evaluation of plans, policies and regulations in public and non-profit organizations.
4) Describe your experience, including numbers of years, in program management.
5) Describe your experience, including numbers of years, supervising professional staff.
6) Describe your experience, including numbers of years, in writing procedures, grant manuals, letters, instructions, and reports.
7) Describe your experience, including numbers of years, in communication with the public, elected officials, and other professionals, including public presentations and technical assistance.
8) Describe your experience, including numbers of years, with statistics and other data analysis.
9) Describe your experience, including numbers of years, in the research and development of plans and objectives in local, State and federal governments, non-profit organizations, and community-based organizations.