APPROXIMATE ANNUAL SALARY -
PAY GRADE: 34
For more information on benefit and retirement programs, please see the sections below.
In order to receive consideration, applicants must indicate their availability for any work type, travel, and location requirements listed.
Work Type: Permanent, full time vacancies as they may occur
in this geographical location.
Public Safety Dispatchers perform technical communications work in the operation of a district, central, or statewide communications center including but not limited to: providing assistance to law enforcement units in both routine and emergency situations; dispatching enforcement units and other emergency mobile units from a computerized dispatch center; researching various criminal justice records systems and transmitting the required information; placing telephone calls for officials and registered vehicle owners at accident scenes; providing assistance to other law enforcement agencies as requested; maintaining a variety of logs and records; and preparing statistical summaries on center activities.
The Division of Records, Communication, and Compliance is recruiting for a vacancy in the Carson Office. Incumbents function as managers who train, supervise, and evaluate the performance of subordinate supervisors; develop policies and procedures; and allocate staff and resources to accomplish goals and objectives. ***THIS RECRUITMENT MAY CLOSE AT ANY TIME DEPENDING ON THE NUMBER OF APPLICATIONS RECEIVED. QUALIFIED APPLICANTS ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY AS SOON AS POSSIBLE.***
In order to be qualified, you must meet the following requirements:
Education and Experience (Minimum Qualifications)
Five years of experience in law enforcement communications including control of ten or more units and the use of State and national criminal justice information systems and, in addition, two years in a lead or shift supervisor capacity; OR two years as a Public Safety Dispatcher IV in Nevada State service.
Incumbents must pass the NCIC certification examination within six months of appointment and every two years thereafter as a condition of continuing employment.
Positions require work on evenings, weekends, and/or holidays.
Pursuant to NRS 284.4066, this position has been identified as affecting public safety. Persons offered employment in this position must submit to a pre-employment screening for controlled substances.
PUBLIC SAFETY DISPATCHER V (11.118) Training and Experience Exam
The exam will consist of a rating of training and experience weighted 100%. It is essential that applications include extensively detailed information with time frames regarding education and experience. Your score will be based on the information provided in your application and your responses to the questions asked below. If there are several parts to a question, answer each part separately. Along with each answer, identify the position(s) and/or training (as described in your application) where you gained the background asked for in the question. Absence of experience/training asked for in a question is not necessarily disqualifying. Failure to answer the questions will result in a score based solely on the application.
Qualified applicants will be contacted by the hiring agency for interview.
1) Describe your experience, including number of years , in the development and interpretation of regulations, policies and procedures governing the operation and activities of a law enforcement communication center.
2) Describe your experience, including number of years, directing and coordinating the operation of a shift in a law enforcement communication center.
3) Describe your experience, including number of years, supervising the activities of subordinates.
4) Describe your experience, including the number of years, in written and oral communication to include: report preparation, oral presentations, and writing letters and correspondence.
5) Describe your experience, including number of years, resolving complaints and solving problems pertaining to law enforcement issues.
6) Describe your experience, including the number of years, coordinating communication systems with allied agencies as it pertains to major law enforcement events.
7) Describe your experience in needs assessment in each of the following areas: A) equipment, B) training, C) travel, D) staffing
8) Describe your experience, including number of years, preparing cost projections and submitting information to management as a preliminary budget for a law enforcement communication center.
The following additional questions are part of this Recruitment
1) Do you have Intermediate/Advanced experience with Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint required to produce reports and documents? Please explain.
2) Do you have experience with law enforcement records management systems and computer-aided dispatch? Please explain.