APPROXIMATE ANNUAL SALARY -
PAY GRADE: 39
For more information on benefit and retirement programs, please see the sections below.
In order to receive consideration, applicants must indicate their availability for any work type, travel, and location requirements listed.
Administrative Services Officers function as business managers for a large division or major program area or facility, with responsibility for accounting, budgeting and business management of various services and operations.
Incumbents possess a degree of knowledge and proficiency sufficient to perform advanced-level work and may provide work direction and training to others.
Incumbents formulate, develop and monitor agency/program budgets; research and compile information regarding proposed purchases, expenses and contracts; prepare and present oral justifications for budget proposals; compare expenses against spending authority; oversee the preparation and maintenance of records related to budget, accounting, fiscal management, etc.; plan, organize and manage programs and activities; and develop and implement goals and objectives. Budget management functions include monitoring categorical budget to preclude overspending; maintenance of accurate records to support fiscal transactions; development and implementation of fiscal policies and procedures; collaboratively working with outside vendors; ensuring expenditures are legislatively approved and compliant with budgetary guidelines; completion of budgetary reports, projects and commitments within specified timelines; development of project proposals and schedules; development of retention schedules and policies consistent with legal requirements and State regulations; and analyzing and effectively resolving operational fiscal management issues. *** THIS RECRUITMENT MAY CLOSE AT ANY TIME BASED ON THE AMOUNT OF APPLICATIONS RECEIVED. QUALIFIED APPLICANTS ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY AS SOON AS POSSIBLE. ***
In order to be qualified, you must meet the following requirements:
Education and Experience (Minimum Qualifications)
Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university in business administration, accounting, finance or related field and four years of professional experience including two years of responsibility for major business operations/functions such as grants administration, contract and lease administration, purchasing and warehouse operations, human resources, Information Technology or facilities maintenance and construction; and two years of experience formulating, developing and analyzing program or agency budgets; and fiscal management; one year of which was equivalent to an Administrative Services Officer I in Nevada State service; OR an equivalent combination of education and experience as described above.
ASO I, II, III and IV Training and Experience exam
The exam will consist of a rating of training and experience weighted 100%. It is essential that applications include extensively detailed information with time frames regarding education and experience. Your score will be based on the information provided in your application and your responses to the questions asked below. If there are several parts to a question, answer each part separately. Along with each answer, identify the position(s) and/or training (as described in your application) where you gained the background asked for in the question. In order to receive credit, the experience claimed MUST be documented in your application. Absence of experience/training asked for in a question is not necessarily disqualifying. Failure to answer the questions will result in a score based solely on the application.
Qualified applicants will be contacted by the hiring agency for interview.
1) Describe your budget experience in the following areas: a) development of a budget; b) justification of a budget; c) implementing and monitoring a budget; and/or d) budget experience involving multi-source funding.
2) Describe your Financial Administration experience in the following areas: a) review of fiscal matters; b) analysis of fiscal statistics; and/or c) determining resolution of problems.
3) Describe in detail your experience managing a program area or business operation in the following areas: a) purchasing; b) buildings and grounds; c) contracts and leases; d) IT center/unit; e) personnel/payroll; f) other program or business operation; and/or g) experience directly related to the program(s)/operational area of the current vacancy. No points will be given if detailed information on your duties/responsibilities is not provided.
4) Describe your experience supervising Professional staff to include: employee selection, training, evaluation, and disciplinary actions.
5) Describe your Legislative experience in the following areas: a) developing BDR's; b) analysis of Bill's Impact on Department/Agency; and/or c) testifying before legislature.
6) Describe your experience developing, reviewing and revising Policies and Procedures.
7) Indicate the level of degree you possess in either Business Administration, Accounting, Finance, or a related educational field: a) Master's degree; b) Bachelor's degree; or Associates degree. List the type of degree, issuing institution, and date degree was received.