A Divisional/Departmental Promotional Recruitment for:
ADMINISTRATIVE SERVICES OFFICER 3
APPROXIMATE ANNUAL SALARY -
PAY GRADE: 41
For more information on benefit and retirement programs, please see the sections below.
In order to receive consideration, applicants must indicate their availability for any work type, travel, and location requirements listed.
Work Type: Permanent, full time vacancies as they may occur
in this geographical location.
Open to current classified employees in the specified Division and Department, with at least 6 months of continuous, full-time equivalent service. Promotional preference will be given in the order listed.
Administrative Services Officers function as business managers for a large division or major program area or facility, with responsibility for accounting, budgeting and business management of various services and operations.
Incumbents function as first-line supervisors who train, supervise and evaluate the performance of assigned staff; assign and review work; and initiate disciplinary action.
The Administrative Services Officer 3 position is located in Carson City in the Department of Conservation & Natural Resources, Division of Environmental Protection's Office of Financial Assistance. This position manages the State Revolving Loan Fund and Capital Improvements Grant Programs. The position's primary job duties are program management, federal grant management and State bond issuance and management.
In order to be qualified, you must meet the following requirements:
Education and Experience (Minimum Qualifications)
Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university in business administration, accounting, finance or related field and five years of professional experience including two years of responsibility for two or more major business operations such as grants administration, contract and lease administration, purchasing and warehouse operations, human resources, Information Technology, or facilities maintenance and construction; and three years of experience formulating, developing and analyzing agency budgets; and fiscal management, one year of which was equivalent to an Administrative Services Officer II in Nevada State service; OR an equivalent combination of education and experience as described above.
This position requires 25% of travel.
***Do not use, USE Amended exam***ASO I, II, III and IV Training and Experience exam
The exam will consist of a rating of training and experience weighted 100%. It is essential that applications include extensively detailed information with time frames regarding education and experience. Your score will be based on the information provided in your application and your responses to the questions asked below. If there are several parts to a question, answer each part separately. Along with each answer, identify the position(s) and/or training (as described in your application) where you gained the background asked for in the question. In order to receive credit, the experience claimed MUST be documented in your application. Absence of experience/training asked for in a question is not necessarily disqualifying. Failure to answer the questions will result in a score based solely on the application.
Qualified applicants will be contacted by the hiring agency for interview.
1) Describe your budget experience in the following areas: a) development of a budget; b) justification of a budget; c) implementing and monitoring a budget; and/or d) budget experience involving multi-source funding.
2) Describe your Financial Administration experience in the following areas: a) review of fiscal matters; b) analysis of fiscal statistics; and/or c) determining resolution of problems.
3) Describe in detail your experience managing a program area or business operation in the following areas: a) purchasing; b) buildings and grounds; c) contracts and leases; d) IT center/unit; e) personnel/payroll; f) other program or business operation; and/or g) experience directly related to the program(s)/operational area of the current vacancy. No points will be given if detailed information on your duties/responsibilities is not provided.
4) Describe your experience supervising Professional staff to include: employee selection, training, evaluation, and disciplinary actions.
5) Describe your Legislative experience in the following areas: a) developing BDR's; b) analysis of Bill's Impact on Department/Agency; and/or c) testifying before legislature.
6) Describe your experience developing, reviewing and revising Policies and Procedures.
7) Indicate the level of degree you possess in either Business Administration, Accounting, Finance, or a related educational field: a) Master's degree; b) Bachelor's degree; or Associates degree. List the type of degree, issuing institution, and date degree was received.