APPROXIMATE ANNUAL SALARY -
PAY GRADE: 39
For more information on benefit and retirement programs, please see the sections below.
In order to receive consideration, applicants must indicate their availability for any work type, travel, and location requirements listed.
Management Analysts conduct a variety of studies, research and analysis of management and administrative areas such as budgeting and financial analysis; departmental operations; legislative analysis; management research; and statistical and informational analysis.
Incumbents function as managers who train, supervise and evaluate the performance of subordinate supervisors; develop policies and procedures; and allocate staff and resources to accomplish goals and objectives.
This position is the leader of the Division of Health Care Financing and Policy's (DHCFP/Medicaid) Operational Analytics Team and supervises management analysts and will provide data retrieval, reporting and analytic services to internal customers and external partners and stakeholders; coordinate with Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS) agencies and the Director's Office analytical assets (economists and analysts) to manage, triage, and log activity in the department-wide request tracking system; assist the team with complex analyses as well as routine and ad hoc medical claims and demographic reporting and monitoring; develop and maintain dashboards for compliance monitoring; has a role as one of the Unit's Data Warehouse and Decision Support System subject matter experts; and develop and distribute complex queries and reports and train staff in their use.
In order to be qualified, you must meet the following requirements:
Education and Experience (Minimum Qualifications)
Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university in public or business administration, finance, social sciences, mathematics or related field and four years of professional experience in the research, development, evaluation or revision of programs, organizations, methods or procedures; OR one year of experience as a Management Analyst III in Nevada State service; OR an equivalent combination of education and experience on a year-for-year basis.
The ability to travel at least 25% of the time is required.
A pre-employment criminal history check and fingerprinting are required. Persons offered employment in this position will be required to pay for these items.
A State of Nevada/FBI background check will be required of the selected applicant.
Additional Position Experience
This position requires data analytics experience using reporting applications and designing queries on large, complex databases using tool(s) such as Cognos, Crystal Reports, SAS, Stata, SQL coding, and /or Truven Analytics products.
Microsoft Excel Advanced level
DO NOT USE - Management Analyst IV - 07.612
To receive points/credit for responses to the exam questions listed below, the experience described must also be reflected in the employment history where it was gained.
The exam will consist of a rating of training and experience weighted 100%. It is essential that applications include extensively detailed information with time frames regarding education and experience. Your score will be based on the information provided in your application and your responses to the questions asked below. If there are several parts to a question, answer each part separately. Along with each answer, identify the position(s) and/or training (as described in your application) where you gained the background asked for in the question. Absence of experience/training asked for in a question is not necessarily disqualifying. Failure to answer the questions will result in a score based solely on the application.
Qualified applicants will be contacted by the hiring agency for interview.
1) Describe your professional level research and fiscal or program analysis experience, including the number of years.
2) Describe your experience, including the number of years, recommending to upper management, a course of action based on the outcome(s) of your research and analysis.
3) Describe your experience developing and presenting oral or written presentations to the following: a) Large groups and/or upper management; or b) Formal Boards or Committees, Legislature, CEO & stockholders.
4) Describe your Legislative experience in the following areas: a) Tracking and analyzing proposed legislation; or b) Writing Bill Draft Requests (BDRs).
5) Describe your experience interpreting and applying statutes and regulations to determine agency or program compliance.
6) Describe your supervisory experience to include discipline, performance evaluation & work performance standards for the following types of staff: a) supervised clerical/technical/paraprofessional staff; b) supervised professional staff; or c) supervised a staff of supervisors in charge of professional staff.
7) Describe your professional program experience, including the number of years, which directly relates to the program or specialty area of the current vacancy as described on the job announcement.
8) A Master's degree is not required to qualify, but is part of the rating of training and experience. Do you have a Master's degree in Business, Finance, Social Science, Math, Public Administration or related area; OR a Master's degree related to the program/specialty area of the vacancy as defined on the job announcement.
The following additional questions are part of this Recruitment
1) Do you have experience with medical claims? If yes please describe in detail your experience with medical claims, including where you gained this experience. Your response to this question will not be used to qualify/disqualify you for this position.