APPROXIMATE ANNUAL SALARY -
PAY GRADE: 37
For more information on benefit and retirement programs, please see the sections below.
In order to receive consideration, applicants must indicate their availability for any work type, travel, and location requirements listed.
Administrative Services Officers function as business managers for a large division or major program area or facility, with responsibility for accounting, budgeting and business management of various services and operations.
Incumbents possess a degree of knowledge and proficiency sufficient to perform work independently with little or no additional training.
This position is located in the Fiscal Services Unit of the Division of Health Care Financing and Policy (DHCFP / Medicaid) and performs all of the tasks consistent with the classification series. This position is tasked with critical functions including implementing, maintain monitoring federal and state reporting financial operations as well as grants management. This position is primarily responsible for conformance with state and federal accounting laws and regulations. The position acts as a primary liaison with the federal partners and the Nevada State Controller's Office. It is responsible for resolving complex accounting issues and determining accounting treatment and transaction flow of new transaction types. The position directly supervises one position and indirectly supervises two additional positions.
In order to be qualified, you must meet the following requirements:
Education and Experience (Minimum Qualifications)
Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university in business administration, accounting, finance or related field and three years of varied and professional experience which included formulating, developing and monitoring program or agency budgets; analyzing and interpreting financial information and making recommendations; developing, evaluating or revising programs, organizations or work methods; and/or management responsibility for business operations such as contract and lease administration, purchasing and warehouse operations, buildings and grounds maintenance, food and laundry services, data processing, facilities maintenance and construction, communications equipment, or fleet maintenance; OR an equivalent combination of education and experience on a year-for-year basis.
A pre-employment criminal history check and fingerprinting are required. Persons offered employment in this position will be required to pay for these items.
A State of Nevada/FBI background check will be required of the selected applicant.
Additional Position Experience
This position requires experience in financial administration, accounting and reporting associated with federal grant requirements.
Microsoft Excel Intermediate level
ASO I, II, III and IV Training and Experience exam
The exam will consist of a rating of training and experience weighted 100%. It is essential that applications include extensively detailed information with time frames regarding education and experience. Your score will be based on the information provided in your application and your responses to the questions asked below. If there are several parts to a question, answer each part separately. Along with each answer, identify the position(s) and/or training (as described in your application) where you gained the background asked for in the question. In order to receive credit, the experience claimed MUST be documented in your application. Absence of experience/training asked for in a question is not necessarily disqualifying. Failure to answer the questions will result in a score based solely on the application.
Qualified applicants will be contacted by the hiring agency for interview.
1) Describe your budget experience in the following areas: a) development of a budget; b) justification of a budget; c) implementing and monitoring a budget; and/or d) budget experience involving multi-source funding.
2) Describe your Financial Administration experience in the following areas: a) review of fiscal matters; b) analysis of fiscal statistics; and/or c) determining resolution of problems.
3) Describe in detail your experience managing a program area or business operation in the following areas: a) purchasing; b) buildings and grounds; c) contracts and leases; d) IT center/unit; e) personnel/payroll; f) other program or business operation; and/or g) experience directly related to the program(s)/operational area of the current vacancy. No points will be given if detailed information on your duties/responsibilities is not provided.
4) Describe your experience supervising Professional staff to include: employee selection, training, evaluation, and disciplinary actions.
5) Describe your Legislative experience in the following areas: a) developing BDR's; b) analysis of Bill's Impact on Department/Agency; and/or c) testifying before legislature.
6) Describe your experience developing, reviewing and revising Policies and Procedures.
7) Indicate the level of degree you possess in either Business Administration, Accounting, Finance, or a related educational field: a) Master's degree; b) Bachelor's degree; or Associates degree. List the type of degree, issuing institution, and date degree was received.