A Divisional/Departmental Promotional Recruitment for:
ADMINISTRATIVE SERVICES OFFICER 1
APPROXIMATE ANNUAL SALARY -
PAY GRADE: 37
For more information on benefit and retirement programs, please see the sections below.
In order to receive consideration, applicants must indicate their availability for any work type, travel, and location requirements listed.
Open to current classified employees in the specified Division and Department, with at least 6 months of continuous, full-time equivalent service. Promotional preference will be given in the order listed.
Administrative Services Officers function as business managers for a large division or major program area or facility, with responsibility for accounting, budgeting and business management of various services and operations.
Incumbents possess a degree of knowledge and proficiency sufficient to perform work independently with little or no additional training.
This position is located in the Fiscal Services Unit of the Division of Health Care Financing and Policy and is tasked with critical functions including implementing, maintaining, and monitoring federal and state reporting, financial operations as well as grants management. This position is primarily responsible for conformance with state and federal accounting laws and regulations and acts as a primary liaison with the federal partners and the Nevada State Controller's Office. The position is responsible for resolving complex accounting issues and determining accounting treatment and transaction flow of new transaction types and directly supervises one position and indirectly supervises two additional positions.
In order to be qualified, you must meet the following requirements:
Education and Experience (Minimum Qualifications)
Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university in business administration, accounting, finance or related field and three years of professional experience including two years of responsibility for major business operations/functions such as grants administration, contract and lease administration, purchasing and warehouse operations, human resources, Information Technology or facilities maintenance and construction; and one year of experience formulating, developing and analyzing program or agency budgets and/or conducting statistical/economic data collection, analysis and research involving the application of advanced statistical, mathematical and economic principles and research modeling; OR one year of experience as a Budget Analyst II or Economist II in Nevada State service performing duties as described above; OR two years of experience as a Management Analyst II in Nevada State service performing duties as described above; OR an equivalent combination of education and experience as described above.
A pre-employment criminal history check and fingerprinting are required. Persons offered employment in this position will be required to pay for these items.
A State of Nevada/FBI background check will be required of the selected applicant.
Additional Position Experience
This position requires experience in financial administration, accounting and reporting associated with federal grant requirements.
Microsoft Excel Intermediate level
***Do not use, USE Amended exam***ASO I, II, III and IV Training and Experience exam
The exam will consist of a rating of training and experience weighted 100%. It is essential that applications include extensively detailed information with time frames regarding education and experience. Your score will be based on the information provided in your application and your responses to the questions asked below. If there are several parts to a question, answer each part separately. Along with each answer, identify the position(s) and/or training (as described in your application) where you gained the background asked for in the question. In order to receive credit, the experience claimed MUST be documented in your application. Absence of experience/training asked for in a question is not necessarily disqualifying. Failure to answer the questions will result in a score based solely on the application.
Qualified applicants will be contacted by the hiring agency for interview.
1) Describe your budget experience in the following areas: a) development of a budget; b) justification of a budget; c) implementing and monitoring a budget; and/or d) budget experience involving multi-source funding.
2) Describe your Financial Administration experience in the following areas: a) review of fiscal matters; b) analysis of fiscal statistics; and/or c) determining resolution of problems.
3) Describe in detail your experience managing a program area or business operation in the following areas: a) purchasing; b) buildings and grounds; c) contracts and leases; d) IT center/unit; e) personnel/payroll; f) other program or business operation; and/or g) experience directly related to the program(s)/operational area of the current vacancy. No points will be given if detailed information on your duties/responsibilities is not provided.
4) Describe your experience supervising Professional staff to include: employee selection, training, evaluation, and disciplinary actions.
5) Describe your Legislative experience in the following areas: a) developing BDR's; b) analysis of Bill's Impact on Department/Agency; and/or c) testifying before legislature.
6) Describe your experience developing, reviewing and revising Policies and Procedures.
7) Indicate the level of degree you possess in either Business Administration, Accounting, Finance, or a related educational field: a) Master's degree; b) Bachelor's degree; or Associates degree. List the type of degree, issuing institution, and date degree was received.