A Divisional/Departmental/Statewide/Open Competitive Recruitment for:
CHILD CARE FACILITIES SURVEYOR SUPERVISOR
APPROXIMATE ANNUAL SALARY -
PAY GRADE: 35
For more information on benefit and retirement programs, please see the sections below.
In order to receive consideration, applicants must indicate their availability for any work type, travel, and location requirements listed.
Child Care Facilities Surveyors conduct independent surveys of child care facilities, child welfare emergency shelters, educational facilities, and facilities serving emotionally disturbed children to determine compliance with State licensing regulations (NRS 432A) and to make licensure recommendations.
Child Care Facilities Surveyor Supervisors may conduct surveys for Child Care Facilities. The position will supervise Child Care Facilities Surveyors to insure compliance with agency policies, procedures, rules and regulations by focusing on the development of employee skills; assures training is provided to the unit staff as needed to include licensing orientation, on-the-job training, community resources awareness and licensing reporting systems; prepares and conducts employee evaluations and within required time frames and in accordance with established personnel policies and procedures; and provides supervision of clerical staff that is assigned to the unit. As a Public and Behavioral Health employee, incumbents are expected to be available for call-back during public health incidents and/or emergencies to perform duties specific to this position or to perform other duties as requested associated with a response role. This may entail working a non-traditional work schedule or at another duty station during the incident and/or emergency. Incumbents possess a degree of knowledge and proficiency to perform independently with little or no additional training. Child Care Facilities Surveyor Supervisors ensure compliance with appropriate Nevada Revised Statutes and Nevada Administrative Codes.
*** THIS RECRUITMENT MAY CLOSE AT ANY TIME BASED ON THE AMOUNT OF APPLICATIONS RECEIVED. QUALIFIED APPLICANTS ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY AS SOON AS POSSIBLE. ***
In order to be qualified, you must meet the following requirements:
Education and Experience (Minimum Qualifications)
Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university in early childhood development, education, social work, or closely related field and two years of professional experience providing developmental or educational services to children in an early childhood program which must have included program administration responsibilities, one year of which must have been at the journey level; OR Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university in early childhood development, education, social work, or closely related field and two years of professional experience evaluating child development or early childhood education programs, one year of which must have been at the journey level; OR an equivalent combination of education and experience; OR one year of experience as a Child Care Facilities Surveyor in Nevada State service.
A pre-employment criminal history check and fingerprinting are required. Persons offered employment in this position will be required to pay for these items.
CHILD CARE FACILITIES SURVEYOR SUPERVISOR (10.517) Training and Experience Exam
The exam will consist of a rating of training and experience weighted 100%. It is essential that applications include extensively detailed information with time frames regarding education and experience. Your score will be based on the information provided in your application and your responses to the questions asked below. If there are several parts to a question, answer each part separately. Along with each answer, identify the position(s) and/or training (as described in your application) where you gained the background asked for in the question. Absence of experience/training asked for in a question is not necessarily disqualifying. Failure to answer the questions will result in a score based solely on the application.
Qualified applicants will be contacted by the hiring agency for interview.
1) Describe your supervisory experience in early childhood education and/or child development including where and when you obtained this experience.
2) Describe your experience supervising individuals with regulatory or investigative responsibilities for child care facilities. Please include where and when you obtained this experience.
3) Describe your experience providing consultation services, delivering training, and conducting workshops for educators involved in early childhood education. Please include where and when you obtained this experience.
4) Describe your administrative experience in a child related educational or developmental program. Please include where and when you obtained this experience.
5) Describe your experience overseeing the development of materials for early childhood education. Describe the materials in detail and include where and when this experience was obtained.
6) Describe your experience working in an institution for children and/or related experience involving regulatory or investigative duties. Please include where and when you obtained this experience.
7) Describe your experience working with a multidisciplinary team that included representatives from fire and health agencies. Please include where and when you obtained this experience.
8) Do you have any of the following degrees/education:
a) Masters in education, social work, or early childhood; and/or
b) Bachelors in education, social work, or early childhood.