APPROXIMATE ANNUAL SALARY -
PAY GRADE: 39
For more information on benefit and retirement programs, please see the sections below.
In order to receive consideration, applicants must indicate their availability for any work type, travel, and location requirements listed.
Under general direction of a Warden and/or Associate Warden, plan, direct, control and coordinate the daily
operation of a community-based restitution center, boot camp and/or conservation camp for the care, training,
discipline, custody, and rehabilitation of offenders at a minimum custody correctional facility.
The incumbent is responsible for the management of Casa Grande Transitional Housing (CGTH), to include, but is not necessarily limited to: budgetary support; OSHA support; employee management; inmate management; inmate security/safety; emergency response; community and inmate relations; fiscal responsibilities; and customer service/communication. The position will manage CGTH within established budget guidelines; submit monthly, semi-annual and annual reports; submit weekly reports to the food service administrator; conduct safety inspections to ensure strict compliance with regulatory requirements; responsible for the supervision, training and evaluation of assigned staff; ensure case records and casework on all inmates are maintained with accuracy and confidentiality; provide inmates with access to Nevada Department of Corrections (NDOC) grievance process; review policies to ensure community security, inmate safety and safe movement; monitor and control visiting in accordance with the center and NDOC policies; develop and maintain viable emergency response manual; and deposit funds on a daily basis.
In order to be qualified, you must meet the following requirements:
Education and Experience (Minimum Qualifications)
Two years of experience as a Correctional Sergeant in Nevada State service; OR two years of experience supervising staff responsible for custody of inmates; OR an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Pursuant to NRS 284.4066, this position has been identified as affecting public safety. Persons offered employment in this position must submit to a pre-employment screening for controlled substances.
A pre-employment criminal history check and fingerprinting are required.
If there are five or fewer qualified applicants, the exam will consist of an application evaluation. (This statement does not apply for Until Recruitment Needs are Satisfied (URS) announcements).
CORRECTIONAL MANAGER (12.510) Training and Experience Exam
The exam will consist of a rating of training and experience weighted 100%. It is essential that applications include extensively detailed information with time frames regarding education and experience. Your score will be based on the information provided in your application and your responses to the questions asked below. If there are several parts to a question, answer each part separately. Along with each answer, identify the position(s) and/or training (as described in your application) where you gained the background asked for in the question. Absence of experience/training asked for in a question is not necessarily disqualifying. Failure to answer the questions will result in a score based solely on the application.
Qualified applicants will be contacted by the hiring agency for interview.
1) Describe your experience, including the number of years, in community corrections and overseeing correctional programs.
2) Describe your experience, including the number of years, with public and community relations to include contract monitoring.
3) Describe your experience, including the number of years, with job development.
4) Describe your experience, including the number of years, with budget development, projection, and control.
5) Describe your experience, including the number of years, with inmate classification and disciplinary procedures.
6) Describe your experience, including the number of years, with facilities management and purchasing.
7) Describe your experience, including the number of years, with inmate account administration.
8) Describe your experience, including the number of years, in the preparation of reports and studies.