APPROXIMATE ANNUAL SALARY -
PAY GRADE: 34
For more information on benefit and retirement programs, please see the sections below.
In order to receive consideration, applicants must indicate their availability for any work type, travel, and location requirements listed.
Manage and coordinate training for a department, division or a geographic region of a department's statewide training function, supervising and conducting training sessions for both skill and general management development.
Incumbents possess a degree of knowledge and proficiency sufficient to perform work independently with little or no additional training.
This position monitors the State Fire Marshal Fire and Hazardous Training programs; serves as the certification coordinator for the Certification Testing Program; serves as the liaison with training personnel; furnishes and administers programs for the training of Nevada firefighters; administers a program to certify Nevada firefighters; develops programs to train Nevada fire service instructors; provides specialized training; describes available programs for Nevada firefighters; notifies Nevada Fire Departments of the available programs; establishes training programs for response to spills of hazardous materials and related fires; and assists other Nevada agencies and organizations to prepare and administer training programs.
In order to be qualified, you must meet the following requirements:
Education and Experience (Minimum Qualifications)
Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university in education or related field and two years of experience in the adult training process which includes experience planning programming, coordinating and conducting adult training; OR an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Pursuant to NRS 284.4066, this position has been identified as affecting public safety. Persons offered employment in this position must submit to a pre-employment screening for controlled substances.
A State of Nevada/FBI background check will be required of the selected applicant.
A pre-employment criminal history check and fingerprinting are required.
Additional Position Experience
Must be a Nevada IFSCA Fire Fighter 1 or equivalent.
Application Evaluation Exam
The exam will consist of an application evaluation. It is essential that applications include detailed information with time frames regarding education and experience. The most qualified applicants will be contacted by the hiring agency for interview. The hiring agency may require specific skills related testing as part of the interviewing process.
The following additional questions are part of this Recruitment
1) Please describe your experience working with a fire department as a career or volunteer firefighter, or in an administrative position. This experience must be reflected in the employment history portion of your application in order to receive credit.
2) Please describe your experience in fire services training and in fire or hazardous materials training of first responders. This experience must be reflected in the employment history portion of your application in order to receive credit.
3) Please describe your experience in training that requires demonstration of manipulative skills.
4) Please describe your experience in conduction, coordinating and planning fire or hazardous materials training. This experience must be reflected in the employment history portion of your application in order to receive credit.
5) Are you Nevada certified in Hazardous Materials Operation Level, Fire Fighter II, and Fire Officer I? Please explain and provide copies of certificates.
6) Candidate must be able to achieve Nevada Fire Services Instructor I within 1 year of employment. Are you able to meet this requirement?